Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Spirit with PPRS

Good morning!! It is already Monday and it seems to me that the closer we get to Christmas, the faster the days fly by. Our household seems to be in the Christmas spirit as soon as the Halloween costumes get put away. Looking forward to spending time with family, good food, and Santa Claus puts everyone's minds at ease as we celebrate one of the most joyous times of the year. For my project, this week, I incorporated some classic Christmas colors, as well as a beautiful sentiment from PPRS.


This card features the Spirit of Christmas red rubber stamp. I stamped it onto a Tim Holtz baroque die cut and colored the patterned paper with Distress ink. I added some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze to the poinsettias to give them some shimmer and added some pretty little pearls as accents. The seam binding bow was hand dyed using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I just love to alter seam binding in order to match my projects!


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out some more inspiration from all of the amazing PPRS DT! You can find their blogs on my sidebar. :)

Oh, and just a reminder....The new PPRS sketch challenge will go live tomorrow, November 15! Keep your eyes peeled over at the PPRS blog for details.

Supplies Used:
Size: 5.5 x 5.5
Stamps: Spirit of Christmas (PPRS)
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress (Fired Brick, Vintage Photo)
Paper: Patterned Paper (Anna Griffin), Cardstock (Recollections)
Accessories: Die (Tim Holtz Alterations), Pearls (K and Company), seam binding (Hug Snug), mulberry poinsettias (I Am Roses), Glimmer Mist and Glaze (Tattered Angels), lace (Wright's)

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabbie card, Amy! Great colors, and the pearls are the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great sentiment! Wish I had that one. Gotta add it to my wish-list. This is beautiful, Amy!

    ReplyDelete